Sequel to President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval of the suspension of embattled former acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Ibrahim Magu, and his (Buhari’s) subsequent appointment of a new acting chair, Mohammed Umar on Friday, TheNewsGuru.com TNG highlights some brief facts about the new chair who until now worked underground in the agency.
1. Umar was until his recent appointment, the head of operations of the EFCC.
2. Mohammed Umar is from Kano in the North-Western part of Nigeria.
3. Mohammed Umar is a Deputy Commissioner of Police
4. He served as the EFCC Director of Operations until his recent appointment.
5. Mohammed Umar is a devoted Muslim.
6. Umar was the second most senior official at the agency based on “EFCC’s hierarchy” and has represented Magu at several events in the past.