o you know you can renew your driver’s licence without going for the physical capture again?
Yes you can… It is called “capture bypass”.
Using the driver’s licence portal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), applicants have the option of either bypassing capture or going for physical capture.
Bypass capture means the applicant is satisfied with his/her details and does not wish to recapture his biometrics. The applicant will, however, be required to visit the centre to collect the permanent card when it is ready.
An applicant that chooses not to bypass capture will be required to visit the Driver’s Licence Centre to recapture his/her biometrics.
- Step 1: Go to https://nigeriadriverslicence.org/
- Step 2: Click on DL application.
- Step 3: Click on Renewal of Drivers Licence
- Step 4: Supply the licence number and your date of birth and it will pull up your details. When provided with the option to either bypass capture or go for physical capture, choose bypass if you are satisfied with details on your application.
- Step 5: Upon completion of the online application process, the applicant is to make payment using the payment options on the portal: Use of Visa or Master Card for online payment or Payment through the banks (Payarena, NetpostPay).
- Step 6: Print Acknowledgment Slip (this will serve as your temporary licence)
- Step 7: The applicant then waits until the permanent licence is printed and goes for collection.
***NOTE: If applicant chose to do physical capture, he/she will take the payment receipt to Driver’s Licence Centre for physical capture and will get a Temporary Driver’s Licence.
Steps to obtain a driver’s licence for the first time
- Step 1: Attend training at an accredited driving school.
- Step 2: The driving school will then present you to the Vehicle Inspection Officer (VIO) for a driving test.
- Step 3: Pass the driving test and obtain a certificate of proficiency from the VIO.
- Step 4: Complete the driver’s licence application form at the Driver’s Licence Centre (DLC).
- Step 5: Pay the licence fee online or at the Bank.
- Step 6: Present your application form to the Board of Internal Revenue (BIR) Officer and VIO at the DLC for endorsement.
- Step 7: Proceed to the FRSC Officer at the DLC for biometric data capture.
- Step 8: Obtain a temporary driver’s licence valid for 60 days.
- Step 9: Pick up original driver’s licence at the BIR Office after 60 days.
Adjustment of driver’s licence details
Write a letter of request to the Corps Marshal FRSC via [email protected] and attach the following:
- Photocopy of Drivers licence
- Photocopy of National Identity Number (NIN) compulsory
- Court Affidavit
- Any other document to backup claim
- Contact Phone number
Driver’s licence fee in Nigeria
The fees for obtaining a driver’s licence in Nigeria are as follow:
- Three (3) driver’s licence – N10,350
- Five (5) years driver’s licence – N15,450