Terror was on Thursday unleashed in Tungan Maje community, Gwagwalada area council of the federal capital territory (FCT).
TheNewsGuru.com (TNG) reports unknown armed men invaded the community shooting sporadically and left with 20 people.
Meanwhile, 5 persons were rescued by the efforts of community vigilantes but were overpowered at a point.
According to sources from the community, the gunmen operated for almost 2 hours without any reprimand by security forces.
Efforts to reach the FCT police commissioner proved abortive at the time of filing this report.
Recall that the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) had in an internal memo cautioned that terrorists had selected targets to hit. The NCS listed five locations where Boko Haram members are hiding and planning the attacks.
Following the security alert, the Police Command in Abuja had assured members of the public of protection. The command said it had deployed intelligence gathering mechanism and crime-fighting measures to beef up security across the FCT.
In a statement on Sunday, Anjuguri Manzah, Public Relations Officer, said the FCT Police is working in close synergy with sister security agencies. He told residents to report any suspicious persons or activities in and around their neighbourhoods at the nearest Police Division.
The spokesman also gave out phones lines of the Command Control Centre. The numbers are 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653, and 08028940883.
Also, the Nigerian Army had reacted to the planned Boko Haram attacks.
The Defence Headquarters has assured residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and adjoining states that the military and other security agencies had been on red alert to ensure their safety.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, gave the assurence in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
Enenche said the armed forces had intensified effective surveillance of the FCT and other states to checkmate activities of the criminals.
He said the assurance was “imperative sequel to a purported memorandum from the Nigeria Customs Service warning its staff on a possible attack on the FCT”.
“The Armed Forces in conjunction with other security and response agencies particularly the core intelligence agencies hereby assure the public that preventive and preemptive intelligence are ongoing.
“The general public is thus advised to go about their lawful businesses undeterred.
“Furthermore, the Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies wish to assure the general public that the offensives against the common enemies of this Nation will not cease until normalcy is restored in all parts of the country.
“Hence, the public is equally enjoined to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity accordingly,” he said.
Recall that the military had recently raided identified camps of the DarulSalam/Boko Haram terrorist group in parts of Kogi and Nasarawa States.
It neutralised scores of the terrorists and rescued over 700 of their family members and abductees in the raid following verified intelligence reports on the locations.