By Oke Chinye
Read: 1 Corinthians 1:18-31
“Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men” (1 Corinthians 1:25).
Consider the following scenarios:
- Abraham packing all his things at over ninety years and leaving his homeland to a place he knew nothing about.
- Noah telling people that God was bringing flood waters to destroy the whole earth and then proceeding to build an ark the size of three hundred cubits in length, fifty cubits in width, and thirty cubits in heights.
- Young Joseph telling his parents and older brothers that they would bow before him and then ending up locked up in prison.
- Daniel stubbornly refusing to stop praying to his God and then ending up in a pit surrounded by hungry lions.
- The son of a carpenter whom everyone saw growing up with his parents, begins to tell people He is the son of God and then ends up being crucified between two notorious criminals.
However, these stories did not end this way. Abraham went on to be the father of many nations. The floods came and consumed the whole earth, but Noah, his family and two of each type of animal entered the ark and the doors were shut. The young lad Joseph, went from prison to the palace, and became the Prime Minister of Egypt. The hungry lions did not touch Daniel all night, his God was then pronounced as the only true God in the province. And guess what? Death could not hold the carpenter’s son captive. He arose on the third day and has been saving mankind since then. What do all of them have in common? In fulfilling their destines, they did something that seemed foolish to the world.
The foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. Conversely, what seems wise to the world, is foolishness in God’s sight. Do not interpret the events of your life based on what seems right to you. Do not reject the counsel of The Almighty because it appears foolish compared to the ways of the world. God says ““For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9). It is better to look foolish before men but be wise in God’s sight, than to be wise before men, but appear foolish before God.
IN HIS PRESENCE is written by Pst (Mrs) Oke Chinye, Founder of The Rock Teaching Ministry (TRTM).
For Prayers and Counseling email [email protected]
or call +2348155525555
For more enquiries, visit: www.rockteachingministry.org.