has been told he is not for sale after Chelsea owner, Todd Boehly, reportedly spoke with the Manchester United forward’s agent Jorge Mendes, talks which have left Old Trafford senior management furious. ristiano Ronaldo
Chelsea made a shocking move for Ronaldo after Chelsea owner was said to have held talks with agent Jorge Mendes.
The 37-year-old is entering the final year of his contract with Manchester United and according to The Athletic, Ronaldo is concerned about the club not matching his ambition in the transfer window after a disappointing season.
It’s claimed that new Chelsea owner Boehly held talk with Mendes in Portugal, with Ronaldo’s future and a potential move to Stamford Bridge one of the subjects discussed.
Manchester United plan on keeping their star man and it is largely expected that he will remain at the club he loves, while it is not clear whether Chelsea will make a serious move for the striker.
In a relative story, Manchester United could end up missing out on their number summer transfer target.
That’s according to a recent report from Spanish outlet Cadena SER, who claim midfielder Frenkie De Jong is refusing to quit Barcelona.
Understood to be at the very top of Erik ten Hag’s summer wishlist, De Jong’s proposed move to Old Trafford has been viewed as integral to how the beginning of the Dutchman’s reign will play out.
However, with talks continuing for days and no real progress yet to be made, the United faithful have been left to sweat on the Netherlands international’s final decision, and these latest reports suggest the playmaker may have turned down the chance to move to the Premier League.
Manchester United could be plunged almost £1bn into debt by their plans to redevelop Old Trafford.
In another development, Arsenal and Manchester United have been told Lisandro Martinez will cost them £42m after meeting with representatives of the Ajax defender in London.
Chelsea has been told unequivocally that England midfielder Declan Rice will not be leaving West Ham this summer.
Sevilla has told Chelsea they have until July 5 to close any deal to sign long-term defensive target Jules Kounde or forget about bringing him to Stamford Bridge.
Tottenham has stepped up their efforts to sign Everton striker Richarlison but the Goodison Park club reportedly wants much more than the £50m previously suggested.
Arsenal will make a new offer for Leeds forward Raphinha after their initial £30m proposal was rejected, but are unlikely to go as high as the Elland Road side’s £65m valuations.
West Brom are leading the chase for Wales striker Tom Lawrence who will be available for free at the end of the month when his Derby County contract expires.
Middlesbrough are refusing to lower their asking price of £15m plus add-ons for Djed Spence and expects the Tottenham target to return for pre-season training in a fortnight.
Bournemouth are planning to make a £1m offer for Blackpool winger Josh Bowler despite having a January bid of around £3m rejected by the Championship club.
Conor Hourihane has been left in limbo after Wayne Rooney’s shock departure from Derby County, where he had been expected to sign a three-year deal to sign on a free transfer.
Sheffield United have made a £3m move for Malmo central defender Anel Ahemdhodzic but will face competition for his signature from Blackburn Rovers.
Meanwhile, Howard Webb is set to take over from Mike Riley as the Premier League’s chief refereeing officer and could be in the role by the end of the year as he remains under contract with MLS.