The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has disclosed that the trending story of a new police salary structure is fake news.
TheNewsGuru.com (TNG) reports the NPF made this known on Monday, urging Nigerians to ignore the trending fake news.
The fake news has it that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the new police salary structure with immediate effect.
The fake news new salary structure indicated police officers salaries as follows:
- Police Constable (PC) II – N84,000
- Police Constable (PC) I – N86,000
- Sergeant Corporal (SC) – N96,000
- Sergeant Major (SM) – N119,000
- Inspector Of Police (IP) II – N167,000
- Inspector of Police (IP) I – N254,000
- Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) II – N271,000
- Assistant Superintendent of Police(ASP) I – N296,000
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) – N321,000
- Superintendent of Police (SP) – N342,000
- Chief Superintendent of police (CSP) – N419,000
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) – N483,000
- Deputy commissioner of Police (DCP) – N531,000
- Commissioner of Police (CP) – N1.5million.
The circulating information stated that the Nigerian police should be grateful to the #EndSARS protest led by the youth.
However, the NPF is saying this information is fake news, urging Nigerians to ignore.
Ignore the trending fake news, please. pic.twitter.com/uxBz40ZNjkAdvertisement
— Nigeria Police Force (@PoliceNG) November 9, 2020