A gas explosion has razed a building with properties worth million of naira burnt on Cachol Street in the Ojo area of Lagos State.
It was gathered that the inferno started after a camp gas exploded in the eight-room bungalow.
The Lagos State Fire and Rescue Services, spokesperson, Amodu Shakiri, confirmed the incident to newsmen on Saturday.
According to him, one of the occupants of the building was cooking in the corridor when the explosion occurred.
He said, “One of the occupants of the building was cooking with a camp gas when it exploded and the building was severely burnt with content therein. We also found that the passage was used as their kitchen because there was no specific area identified as a kitchen on the premises. We also counted not less than six camp gases in there.
“The call came in at about 9:05 am and we were able to isolate the fire to only the building alone while adjoining buildings were safe from the gas-induced fire.”
He added that the incident would have been fatal but for the detachment of some officers from the Ojo military cantonment who protected firemen who were carrying out their duties.
Continuing, he said that there was no casualty as the occupants of the building escaped unhurt.