The Government of Ogun State said it has identified and quarantined 28 Coronavirus (Covid-19) suspects, potentially those who came in contact with the first Nigerian case of the deadly virus.
TheNewsGuru.com (TNG) reports Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun confirmed the development at a press briefing, where he said the company in Ewekoro, where the Italian citizen, who tested positive of Covid-19 on Friday, visited has been shut down.
“The information we have is that the particular company in question has practically shut down and they have set up two isolation centres within the company. They have identified all those that have been in contact with this index, totalling about 28 so far and they have been quarantined.
“They are looking at interviewing these 28 people to know who they have been in contact with so that they can ensure these other people are quarantined.
“We are not leaving any stone unturned; we have distributed a lot of items all the way to our local government and our primary health care centres; gloves, masks and protective equipment,” the Governor said.
He added that surveillance centres have been reactivated in all the 20 Local Government Areas in the State and at the Olabisi Onabanjo Teaching Hospital in Sagamu in case of an outbreak.