By Oke Chinye
Read: Proverbs 1:1-7
“A wise man will hear and increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel” (Proverbs 2:5).
- Be true to yourself always. Believe in who you are and act confidently (Joshua 1:9, Philippians 4:13).
- Be competitive but avoid comparing yourself with others or judging yourself by their standards (2 Corinthians 10:12).
- Being overly sensitive or touchy puts you in a vulnerable position (Ecclesiastes 7:21-22). Do not take everything personal.
- Change what you don’t like about yourself, but accept what you can’t change (Psalm 139:14, Romans 9:20)
- Commit your plans to God, do your best and you will succeed (Proverbs 16:3).
- Do not despise the day of small beginnings. Start from where you are and make use of what you have, no matter how insignificant it may seem (Zechariah 4:10).
- Do not take yourself too seriously all the time. Ease up and learn to laugh at yourself sometimes. (Proverbs 17:22).
- Do not bottle-up issues. Politely let others know if you find their actions offensive (Mathew 18:15).
- Don’t sweat the small the small stuff. Be willing to let go of little things and forgive easily (Colossians 3:13, James 1:19).
- Do what you are passionate about or love what you do, and you won’t have to work too hard (Proverbs 22:29, Ecclesiastes 3:13).
- Each day is a gift from God. Be grateful to Him, engage the day fully and expect the best (Psalm 118:24).
- Endeavour to give to others, especially the less privileged (Proverbs 28:27).
- Have a mentor and be a mentor (Proverbs 11:14, 15:22, 24:6).
- Have a short/medium/long term financial plan. Save for a rainy day (Proverbs 6:6-8, 13:16)
- Humility will attract God’s favor, so be humble. (Proverbs 3:34, 22:4).
IN HIS PRESENCE is written by Pst (Mrs) Oke Chinye, Founder of The Rock Teaching Ministry (TRTM).
For Prayers and Counseling email [email protected]
or call +2348155525555
For more enquiries, visit: www.rockteachingministry.org.