WhatsApp regularly brings new and useful features for its Android and iPhone chat apps, and one of the recently added features on Android is the ability to add a fingerprint lock to WhatsApp Messenger.
The fingerprint lock feature on WhatsApp means that you can’t access WhatsApp chats without unlocking the app via a fingerprint saved on the phone.
How to set up fingerprint lock on WhatsApp for Android
- Open WhatsApp > tap the vertical three dots icon on the top-right and go to Settings.
- Go to Account > Privacy > Fingerprint Lock.
- On the next screen, turn on Unlock with Fingerprint.
- Additionally, you can also set the duration after which you’ll have to use your fingerprint to unlock WhatsApp. It can be set to Immediately, After a minute or After 30 minutes.
- Further, you can also choose if you want to show the message content and sender in the notifications or not.
Like Android, WhatsApp also allows biometric lock feature on iPhone. While the iPhone models that support Face ID can use facial recognition to secure that chat messages, the iPhone models with Touch ID can use fingerprint lock. The biometric authentication can be enabled by going to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Privacy > Screen lock.